Mailbox Monday August 29, 2011








In August Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Staci at Life in the Thumb. Head on over to Staci's blog to add your link!

I'm having a few technical difficulties with my blog post for Monday because of a power outage due to the torrential rain and wind caused by Hurricane Irene. I'm using an iPad which I don't find all that easy to use when posting pics and other beyond-the-basic computer activity. However, I'm going to try my best to do my Mailbox Monday post despite my unease with this darn iPad.





Last week I received a book in the series The Joy of Spooking called Fiendish Deeds. Written by P.J. Bracegirdle, the synopsis of this book for kids (young and old) reads:

Joy Wells is a proud resident of Spooking, the terrible town at the top of the hideous hill. At the bottom of the hill is Darlington, a plastic "paradise" where Joy and her brother go to school. When the mayor of Darlington announces that a water park is going to be constructed over the Spooking bog, Joy is horrified. She decides that she has to save the mysterious bog and the endangered species in it-even though it seems someone is determined to stop her!

6 comments:

cindysloveofbooks on August 29, 2011 at 8:14 AM said...

Donna I got the same book. Are you going to go to the signing?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good one. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! your book.

bermudaonion on August 29, 2011 at 2:01 PM said...

You did great with the iPad. I tried posting from ours one time and the formatting got totally screwed up. I hope the weather's better now and you enjoy the book!

Alyce on August 29, 2011 at 3:10 PM said...

I think your post looks great! I hope all is well for you after the storm! I hate posting on different apps/machines other than my computer. It's just so strange to use a different format (and I'm not a big fan of change). :)

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on August 29, 2011 at 9:54 PM said...

I have wanted to start this series with my daughter but never got around to it.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)