Mailbox Monday




This meme was created by Marcia at The Printed Page and Kristi at The Story Siren. This month, Kathy at bermudaonion's weblog is standing in for Marcia.

I received three books in the mail last week - two were from LibraryThing wins and the third was from Simon and Schuster.



From LibraryThing I received A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay (July's win) and The Case Against Owen Williams by Allan Donaldson.







The third book, Zombies vs Unicorns, is an anthology of short stories edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier.


I admit I don't care too much for that cover! My copy has another band of blue with a running unicorn across the bottom of the book but it still doesn't look much better than the one depicted here. Why are the unicorn and zombie figures so small in the surrounding black? That cover just doesn't work for me. I have read the first two stories (The Highest Justice by Garth Nix and Love Will Tear Us Apart by Alaya Dawn Johnson) and though they are wildly different, they were good reading.

5 comments:

cindysloveofbooks on September 20, 2010 at 10:04 AM said...

Great books Donna. I actually prefer the cover pictured to the one I got at BEA.

The one I got at BEA was just plain blue with a square that has a bunch of zombies and unicorns on it.

bermudaonion on September 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

A Secret Kept looks like a good one! I agree with you on the Zombies vs. Unicorns cover.

avisannschild on September 20, 2010 at 5:34 PM said...

I keep meaning to read Tatiana de Rosnay, but I feel like I should read her books in French!

I agree with you about the Zombies vs. Unicorns cover!

Enjoy all your books!

Staci on September 20, 2010 at 8:42 PM said...

Oh vey...that cover is sad isn't it??? I so can't wait to read your thoughts on A Secret Kept!!!!!

Cass on September 21, 2010 at 5:04 AM said...

There's this version of the Zombies vs. Unicorns cover. It's the UK edition, I presume. I've requested it; being an Aussie.

I can't wait to have it in possession. I don't have too many collab/short story-type YA books.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)