Tuesday Teasers



Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:


Grab your current read and let the book fall open to a random page. Share two sentences somewhere between lines 7 and 12 and the title of the book that you’re getting the teaser from. Please avoid spoilers! Read the official Tuesday Teaser Rules.


I'm currently reading a middle grade/YA novel called The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. It's a cute, easy read with just the right amount of quirkiness to appeal to adults and kids alike. From page 236:

Mr. Curtain's Chair had been rolling closer, slowly, almost imperceptibly, so that now their faces were very near to each other. "It is a strange coincidence, is it not, that two such gifted children should be admitted to the Institute at the very same time, and that they should be such close friends?"


I borrowed this book from my daughter - I was drawn in by the cover. The author has an interesting and interactive website promoting this charming series (did not know it was a series until I visited the site) and I will definitely check out the other books.

12 comments:

Marg on June 15, 2010 at 8:09 AM said...

No such thing as strange coincidences?

I have two teasers this week!

Deepali on June 15, 2010 at 8:23 AM said...

it sounds pretty good! hope I find this book..
Thanks for coming by!

Aimee on June 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM said...

Nice teaser! Makes me wonder if it really is a coincidence!

My TT is here.

Kathy Martin on June 15, 2010 at 11:28 AM said...

I have heard good things about this book and have been meaning to read it. My YA teaser this week is from Heist Society by Ally Carter.

Alayne on June 15, 2010 at 11:36 AM said...

Sounds like a fun book! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Beth on June 15, 2010 at 3:06 PM said...

I have read the first two books in the series, but haven't got around to the third. My daughter loved this series! Here is my teaser for this week.

Kaye on June 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM said...

I can see where the cover would draw you in. Thats the first thing I noticed.

My TT and contest link can be found HERE

Lorin on June 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM said...

That cover is great - I can see why you'd pick it up!

Thanks for visiting.

Heather on June 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM said...

Have never heard of the book or series, but it does sound interesting. Thanks for visiting!

Lizzy on June 15, 2010 at 11:26 PM said...

Great teaser! This one sounds really cute.

pussreboots on June 16, 2010 at 12:26 AM said...

I've been meaning to read this series. I'm reading Peppermints in the Parlor.

Staci on June 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM said...

I thought this one looked fun too!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)