Books On My Shelves


Books On My Shelves is a semi-weekly meme about books and authors I find on my bookstore shelves.



I found these two books on a table in my bookstore this week. They looked so whimsical and charming and I had to look them up. They're not very big books so I could read them in a couple of hours I think (though given my tendency to read slowly, maybe a bit longer). My research into Paul Gallico shows he was quite prolific - he wrote stories for children and books for the sports enthusiast. These two books, Mrs. 'Arris Goes to New York and Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris are part of a series of four books. Paul Gallico died in Antibes in 1976.

2 comments:

bermudaonion on May 14, 2010 at 12:09 PM said...

Mrs. 'Arris does look delightful!

Staci on May 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM said...

I'm truly loving those covers and I can't wait to tell us what you thought of them!!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)