BEA Itinerary!




I'm going Book Expo America next week with my husband. Also attending BEA will be Cindy, Linda, Tina and Avis. All of us are traveling by train so and it's going to be a bit of trek. I took the train last year too and though it was quite long it was really nice. The scenery along the Hudson River was breathtaking and because the train was sparsely populated, most people had two seats to themselves and so it was possible to stretch out. I'm hoping it will be a similar trip this year...though traveling with my blogger buddies will make for a very fun ride!

This is my tentative schedule for the week:


Monday:

- Train!

Tuesday:

- Likely will visit The Strand and a couple of other book stores.
- Visit the New York Public Library and a museum (maybe the Natural History).
- Dinner with my blogger buddies.

Wednesday:

- BEA all day.
- Broadway show at 8 p.m. with Cindy and Linda (Mary Poppins)

Thursday:

- I may or may not go back to BEA - playing it by ear.
- Museum again (probably the Metropolitan, though I'd like to visit MOMA too)

- Meandering walk through Central Park
- Dinner and another Broadway Show (Chicago) (I know, I know, but I LOVE Broadway shows)

Friday:

- I'm keeping this open for various sightseeing possibilities; perhaps go see the Cloisters.

Saturday:

- Train ride home, during which I will have plenty of time to start planning next year's trip!

Since I'm taking the week off from work during a very busy time I'll be checking in daily to deal with office stuff. That's not ideal but not so bad either when I consider the alternative of not going to New York at all!

5 comments:

Staci on May 21, 2010 at 8:02 AM said...

Sounds like a trip of pure fun!! Enjoy every moment.

bermudaonion on May 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM said...

I love the new look! I hope to see you at BEA!

cindysloveofbooks on May 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM said...

Donna that is a great list. I think I might be going to the Museum of natural history on Friday and Central Park on Friday.

I am still working on my list and hope to have it done this weekend. See you soon.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on May 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM said...

Your blog got a great makeover! Enjoy NY. Your itinerary looks good. I love Broadway shows too. I am currently in Las Vegas with my hubby and I am planning my itinerary and hoping to catch a few great shows too.

Luanne on May 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM said...

Have an amazing time -looking forward to hearing all about it!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)