Waiting on Wednesday





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.




Something about the cover of Tom Rachman's debut novel, The Imperfectionists, struck me as very interesting and I stopped to take a closer look. I liked what I saw. The description of the book from the author's website reads:

'Lloyd Burko is having troubles with his sources, with his technology at the paper, and with his family. Deadline is closing in and he is falling apart. The Imperfectionists is a novel about the quirky, maddening, endearing people who write and read an international newspaper based in Rome: from the obituary reporter who will do anything to avoid work, to the young freelancer who is manipulated by an egocentric war correspondent, to the dog-obsessed publisher who seems less interested in his struggling newspaper than in his magnificent basset hound, Schopenhauer.

With war in Afghanistan and Iraq, the climate in meltdown and bin Laden still in hiding, the paper has plenty to fill its columns. But for its staff, the true front-page stories are their own private lives. As this imperfect bunch stumbles along, the era of high terror and high tech bears down, the characters collide, and the novel hurtles toward its climax...'

Though this book was published on April 6th, it's new to me. I'm going to look for it next time I'm at my local bookstore.

2 comments:

bermudaonion on April 21, 2010 at 9:56 AM said...

I love the cover, too. Glad to see the book sounds good as well.

Staci on April 21, 2010 at 9:21 PM said...

Love the cover too..sounds interesting!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)