This book's been around....!



As I've mentioned before on my blog, I own a used bookstore with my husband. He pointed out to me on the weekend that a particular book, Colours Aloft! by Alexander Kent has done the rounds of the bookstores. He knows this because some stores stamp their books (we don't) partly as a marketing strategy and partly to know that a customer is bringing back a book that's already been sold by the store.

I found it a bit funny that this particular book was the British edition and printed there. It made it to Canada and then to a used book store. The first store it landed at (well, of course I can't be sure of the order of the stores) is a store called Nearly New Bookshop. That store's stamp looks a bit outdated so I'm going to assume it went there first. Then it went to La Booktique, twice I presume, since there are two stamps from that store in the book. Then on it travelled to another store called Nova, which is where my husband picked it up to complete a collection he'd already started with this series of nautical stories.

So Colours Aloft! has done quite a bit of traveling which is, I suppose, apropos for a book about traveling - albeit on the high seas and not on the bookstore circuit!

4 comments:

cindysloveofbooks on March 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM said...

Hmm interesting about that book making its rounds isn't it? Nice to see that Ron had it too LOL

Staci on March 1, 2010 at 3:39 PM said...

That is pretty cool!! Isn't it amazing how things travel?

Literary Feline on March 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM said...

How neat that the book has been all over! Your story made me think of BookCrossing.

DCMetroreader on March 1, 2010 at 7:19 PM said...

I love books with a discernible past -- very cool!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)