Books On My Shelves



I found If Today Be Sweet by Thrity Umrigar last weekend while looking around on the tables and shelves in my bookstore. It's the story of a widow, Thmina Sethna, who (taken from the back cover):

'while visiting her son, Sorab, in his suburban Ohio home, she is being asked to choose between continuing her old life in India and starting a new one in this unfamiliar country with her son, his American wife, and their child. Her destiny is uncertain, and soon the plight of two troubled young children next door will force the most difficult decision she has ever faced. Ultimately the journey is one that Tehmina must travel alone.'

This novel sounds a bit different from what I've been reading lately. I've never read any books by this author before but I've put this one on my TBR list.

4 comments:

bermudaonion on March 5, 2010 at 9:23 AM said...

I just read Weight of Heaven by Thrity Umrigar and I loved it, so I bet this is a good one!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on March 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM said...

I liked this book a lot, but The Space Between us was my favorite,

Literary Feline on March 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM said...

Thrity Umrigar is one of my favorite authors. I hope you will enjoy this one. I haven't had a chance to read this one yet myself. Hopefully soon.

Staci on March 7, 2010 at 6:35 AM said...

The who synopsis sounds wonderful and that cover really adds to the story!! Love your choice!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)