Author reading and signing: Elizabeth Kostova!




Thanks to an email from Linda, I, along with Linda and Avis, (the remaining two members of our blogger group, Cindy and Tina, decided not to go) attended a book signing for Elizabeth Kostova's new book, The Swan Thieves. Ms. Kostova was in downtown Montreal at 6:30 p.m. at Paragraphe bookstore which for me, meant a train and metro ride at rush hour. It was worth it!

The author read a chapter and the prologue from The Swan Thieves, answered questions and graciously signed her novels. I have read her first novel, The Historian, twice (which shows you how big a fan I am) and was planning on getting both the new book and, though I have a much-loved and read copy of The Historian, I wanted a pristine copy. Imagine my disappointment when the store clerk told me they were sold out! And not because people at the signing were buying them either. Paragraphe just didn't have any! Is it just me, or does anyone else think that's strange?

Still, I've very pleased I made the trip downtown to see one of my favourite authors. I'm always a bit shy with them but I did ask Ms. Kostova if she planned on writing a sequel to The Historian. She said she preferred to concentrate on a different topic. I haven't read The Swan Thieves yet, but if it's even half as good as The Historian I know I will love it!

Avis's post about meeting Elizabeth Kostova is here and Linda's is here.

5 comments:

bermudaonion on February 17, 2010 at 8:34 AM said...

Sounds like a great way to spend an evening. You're so lucky to have other bloggers close by to do fun stuff like this with. I've read The Swan Thieves and I think you'll love it!

cindysloveofbooks on February 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM said...

I wish I would have gone with you guys. Oh well another time. I haven't read either of those books.

Loved reading about the field trip on all three blogs :)

Tina on February 17, 2010 at 9:47 AM said...

You guys sounded like you had a great time and you have the pictures to prove it.

avisannschild on February 17, 2010 at 10:14 AM said...

Great post, Donna (and what a good idea to take a pic of the book pile!). I still can't believe Paragraphe didn't stock up on copies of The Historian!

Staci on February 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM said...

I'm so jealous of you guys!!! But in a good way. i want to read this one sometime!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)