Waiting on Wednesday




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


This book, The Private Patient by P.D. James was just released on November 24th. This is the sort of mystery I love and I'm looking forward to getting it!


The description of this book, taken from MysteryBooks.ca reads:
With all the qualities that P. D. James’s readers have come to expect: a masterly psychological and emotional richness of characterization, a vivid evocation of place and a credible and exciting mystery.

When the notorious investigative journalist, Rhoda Gradwyn, books into Mr. Chandler-Powell’s private clinic in Dorset for the removal of a disfiguring, long-standing facial scar, she has every prospect of a successful operation by a distinguished surgeon, a week’s peaceful convalescence in one of Dorset’s most beautiful manor houses and the beginning of a new life. She will never leave Cheverell Manor alive. When Adam Dalgliesh and his team are called in to investigate the murder – and a second death occurs – even more complicated problems than the question of innocence or guilt arise.

3 comments:

bermudaonion on December 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM said...

I love P. D. James' work but haven't read any in a while.

Staci on December 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM said...

I picked up a PD James book for free at the library but have yet to crack the spine...obviously I'm missing out on something!

Literary Feline on December 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM said...

I've read a couple of books by P.D. James and loved both. I'm slowly working my way through this series so maybe one of these days I'll get to this one in the series. :-)

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)