Books Bought and Mailbox Monday



My friend Cindy hosts this meme of books bought during the past week.







I bought several books on a shopping spree trip to Chapters last week. Cindy and I, along with my daughter, went to the bookstore to browse and enjoy a refreshment. A couple of hours later, I believe it was only my daughter who managed to come out unscathed. She shook her head at me sadly as I struggled, arms loaded with bags of books up the front steps to my house. Meanwhile, Cindy, who had kindly given us a lift to the store and dropped us off, was hard put to stop laughing as she watched from her car.

I also happened to be passing by another used bookstore in a couple of towns over and couldn't resist going in. Ok, and there's the local used bookstore too. So, these were my purchases:




From the local used bookstore:

  • A Harvest of Bones by Yasmine Galenorn
  • The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne (have always wanted to read this)

From the used bookstore a couple of towns over:

  • A Mind to Murder by P.D. James
  • Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland
And from the shopping trip with Cindy:

  • The Vows of Silence by Susan Hill
  • Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
  • The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear
  • Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear
  • Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell

Along with these I bought a cookbook and several books for my husband. He's almost finished the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell and I bought him the last two books.


This meme is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page and Kristi at The Story Siren.

I received just one book last week:


The Shimmer by David Morrell





Thanks to FSB Associates for sending me this book to review!

7 comments:

avisannschild on August 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM said...

Whoo-hoo, you bought a lot of books! I hope you don't mind that I copied you this week and posted a "Books Bought + Mailbox Monday" post too.

bermudaonion on August 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM said...

I can just picture Cindy sitting in her car chuckling! Book shopping sprees are so much fun!

cindysloveofbooks on August 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM said...

Kathy it was so funny to see. Next time I will have to tape it on my camera and post it LOL

Literary Feline on September 1, 2009 at 1:33 AM said...

I'm trying to be good and not buy any books right now (my birthday's coming up and I always hope my family will buy me something off my list--they never do, but I always hope just the same. It's not like I need books though. That's what they keep telling me). Ho hum.

I've been really curious about Yasmine Galenorn's books. They sound so interesting.

I hope you enjoy Mind to Murder. I really like P.D. James!

Enjoy your new books!

Anonymous said...

No worries, you'll soon see book buying sprees going on in your own store soon enough. Looking forward to the photos.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on September 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM said...

The Shimmer looks great doesn't it? I got this one too!

Chèli on September 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM said...

Check out my blog and see the award you won!

Cheli
Cheli's Shelves

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)