Live from New York....!


Well, I don't have much time to post since I'm using the business centre computer at the hotel I'm staying in (note to self: bring laptop next time).

Came by train from Montreal yesterday and the trip was long but good. Took almost 12 hours but going through customs was a breeze. That took only about 45 minutes which probably had something to do with there not being very many people on the train. Had two seats to myself and so did my husband. It was coach (no first class on the train) so no luxuries but with a half empty train it was really quiet. Most people were sleeping for a good part of the day.

We're staying at the Marriott which is right at Times Square. It's busy, hectic and fun - part of the street is closed off right in front of the hotel and people are sitting in lawn chairs in the middle of the street.

We made it to The Strand bookstore this morning and then the Guggenheim museum. Tonight we're going to see Mamma Mia (I have to give my husband credit for that since he hates musicals!). Tomorrow I will spend most of the day at the BEA and will try to post about it then. That's it for now...

5 comments:

avisannschild on May 29, 2009 at 11:14 PM said...

I'm so excited for you, Donna! I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Hope the musical was fun!

Staci on May 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM said...

sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy this time in NYC!!

bermudaonion on June 2, 2009 at 8:32 AM said...

I'm so glad I got to meet you, even if it was only for a few minutes. We were at the Sheraton right down the street from you. I decided to skip The Strand after I mailed my heavy box.

Donna on June 2, 2009 at 5:54 PM said...

Avis - thanks! The musical was great!

Hi Staci - I did enjoy it very much. I can't wait to go back.

Bermuda - that was smart of you to mail your box. I didn't in the end, though I intended to, but I just didn't get around to doing it.

Literary Feline on June 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

It sounds like such a great time, Donna! I am glad you enjoyed the musical. :-)

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)